One of 4 hamlets destroyed for the construction of New York City's Pepacton Reservoir.
Located on the East Branch of the Delaware River, where the Mill Brook enters. The Lumberville Post Office was opened on June 20, 1856. On Jan. 15, 1883, the name was changed to Arena. The PO was closed Sept.30, 1954, and the hamlet razed in preparation for the Pepacton Reservoir.